Kathleen Ryan - Fine Art Oil Painter

Home - Galleries of Fine Art - About Kathleen - Unveilings - Contact
Pricing & Procedures

Miss Libby Oil 11" x 14"

Cameo 11" x 14" Standard Background

Portraits in Oil

Type of Painting (Adult, Child, Pet)
Size
Price (Standard Background)
Cameo (Head and Neck)
11" x 14"
$1,000.00 USD
Head and Shoulders
16" x 20" to 20" x 24"
$1,500.00 USD
Three Quarter Figure (Includes Hands)
24" x 30" to 24" x 36"
$3,000.00 USD
Full-Length Figure
24" x 36" to 30" x 36"
$4,500.00 USD

 

100% Satisfaction Guarantee: I am so confident that you will be thoroughly satisfied with your portrait that I offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If at the final delivery you are not completely satisfied, I will return your deposit in full. I am proud to say that in forty years of portrait painting, I have never needed to return a deposit.  I feel that this policy keeps both client and artist relaxed about the individual project.

iiiiHead & Shoulders iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii18" x 24" iiiiiiii Standard Background

3/4 Figure 24" x 36" Custom Background

iiiFull-Length Figure iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii24" x 36" iiiiiiiiii Custom Background
  • The price includes a photo shoot.
  • An additional figure on the canvas is 50% less than the price above.
  • Please contact me for custom pricing on such options as unique backgrounds, combinations of subjects (family portraits, mother and child, pets, etc.), architectural landscapes (including your residence or business), and other canvas sizes.
  • Travel outside the Atlanta area, lodging, framing, sales tax (if applicable), and shipping expenses are in addition to the prices listed above.
  • A deposit of 25% is due at contract signing, which usually coincides with the photo session. The remaining 75% in payment is due upon delivery of the completed portrait. 

Procedure for Portraits in Oil

My goal in painting portraits is to create a timeless heirloom that captures the essence of the subject’s personality. In the first phase I prefer to meet with you in person (or confer by phone) to review my portfolio and discuss your requirements. It is important for me to understand your preferences and goals for the portrait. We will agree on a variety of outfits, settings, and poses. I will then set up a photo shoot at a mutually convenient time. The photo shoot itself usually takes about an hour, including set-up time. I pay special attention to ensuring that the subject is relaxed and comfortable at the session. The third step is my recommendations of which poses and compositions would work best for the portrait. These recommendations are based on my artistic judgment. I feel that it is very important to establish a good working relationship early in the creative process and to make sure that we share the same vision of the portrait. Once you approve a composition/pose, I then begin the painting process. The final step in the procedure is delivery of the portrait. Upon delivery I will offer the option of a final sitting for minor changes if any are necessary. The entire process of creating the portrait, from first sketch to delivery, usually involves two to four months.

All Images © Kathleen Ryan 2012. No Unauthorized Use Permitted